The full list of rules and regulations can be found below this section; you should read through them at least once. For those of you that have already done this and need a quick refresher, here are some of the more crucial points:
- Messages on the same property/need may be sent no more than once every two weeks. If various categories apply they should all be chosen in one email.
- Only submarkets the property or need is actually in should be chosen.
- Only members of the Atlanta Commercial Board of REALTORS® can be listed as contacts.
- Solicitations of any kind are not permitted.
- Residential listings are not permitted (2 or more lots/houses are required to be defined as "commercial").
- Listing sheets should be broken up and only sent to one specific area, and preferably include info on at least one property in the email. A general listing sheet in multiple areas may only be sent as an attachment to a message advertising a particular property.
- The "announcement" category is reserved for industry related, non-property specific messages, such as broker parties and changes of address.
- Violations of these rules will result in deletion of the message, possible suspension or complete removal from the Exchange Mail system.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY. BY USING THE SERVICE YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED HEREIN. YOU SHOULD PRINT-OUT A COPY OF THIS POLICY FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS POLICY, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE SERVICE.
MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD, AND SECURITY
As a CBR Member, you have been placed on each category list of Exchange Mail. You may elect to be removed from any category via the "My Preferences/Search" option on the navigation menu. You will need to login with your user ID (your state issued real estate license number unless changed by you) and your password ("new" for first time users) to gain access. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify the CBR immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security of which you become aware. The CBR will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else’s using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by the CBR or another party due to someone else’s use of your account. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time. Exchange Mail is a service available only to Realtor members of the CBR.
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
You agree not to use Exchange Mail for any purpose that is illegal, unlawful, or malicious, or otherwise prohibited by this policy. You may not use Exchange Mail in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any part of Exchange Mail (or the network(s) connected to Exchange Mail) or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of any part of Exchange Mail. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any part of Exchange Mail including computer systems, networks or other accounts connected to any part of Exchange Mail through hacking, password mining or any other means.
USE OF EXCHANGE MAIL
Exchange Mail is designed to enable you to broadcast email messages and limited media attachments to property specific categories to fellow REALTORS concerning property availability or specific property requirements. All non-property specific messages should go out through the "Announcements" category. Please use this for address changes, Broker events, and any other message which is not about a property specific Have or Want. Please check the rules and regulations or contact the Exchange Mail coordinator if you are unsure if your message is appropriate for the system. You agree to use Exchange Mail only to post, send and receive messages and material that are directly related to commercial real estate. The Atlanta Commercial Board of REALTORS® (CBR) has no obligation to monitor Exchange Mail. However, CBR reserves the right to review your usage of Exchange Mail and to remove or block any materials in its sole and absolute discretion. In addition to pursuing all other remedies available to it at law or in equity, CBR reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of Exchange Mail at any time, with or without notice, for any reason whatsoever. CBR further reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as CBR deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, or legal governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part. CBR shall have no obligation to maintain any content or to forward any unread or unsent messages to you or any third party. By using Exchange Mail, you agree to hold harmless, CBR, its officers, directors, technology committee members, and others involved in the administration of Exchange Mail and the enforcement of these rules and regulations from any claims or liabilities arising from their good faith actions.
CBR reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which Exchange Mail is offered, including but not limited to the charges associated with the use of Exchange Mail. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this policy. Your continued use of Exchange Mail after such notice constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices.
II. EXCHANGE MAIL RULES AND PROHIBITIONS
Although CBR reserves the right to remove anyone from Exchange Mail for any reason, the following rules and procedures have been developed and approved by CBR as a guide.
- No uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise transmitting any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- No impersonating of any person or entity.
- No creating of false, misleading or duplicative addresses for group members in order to disguise the destination of any content transmitted through the Exchange Mail.
- No forging of headers or otherwise manipulating identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Exchange Mail.
- No uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise transmitting any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- No uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise transmitting any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, publicity or other proprietary right ("Rights") of any party.
- No uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise transmitting any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- No uploading, posting, or otherwise transmitting private emails between yourself and another individual without the author of any email’s approval.
- No uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise transmitting any content that in any way discredits or slanders any other member of Exchange Mail or any member or staff of CBR.
- No uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise transmitting any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of such solicitation.
- No harassment, stalking, personal attacks or belittling on the list.
- No harvesting or otherwise collecting information about Exchange Mail members, including e-mail addresses, without the consent of each applicable Exchange Mail member.
- No one-liners such as "thank you's". This will cut down on unnecessary volumes of mail to read and sort through. (This must be done privately to individual.)
- No random sending of greeting cards, jokes, or any other non-commercial real estate related text to Exchange Mail.
- No use of Exchange Mail for the promotion of political candidates, political causes or issues, or charitable events or causes whatsoever.
- No uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise transmitting any material that has a non-member’s name as a contact person.
- No uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise transmitting any material that is intended for a specific person.
- "Have" messages may be sent to a maximum of 3 sub-markets and must go only to the sub-markets that the property is in or immediately adjacent to. Exchange administrators maintain full discretion in determining what is or is not an appropriate sub-market.
- Messages may not contain job postings of any kind, including licensed and unlicensed positions.
- The advertising agent's name as well as office name and phone number must be listed in each message, as required by GREC.
- Members may advertise properties only under the company that they have listed with their Board membership.